To edit a users role you’ll need to be an Account leader. Here are the steps to follow:
- Click ‘Manage users’ from the ‘Admin’ menu
- Scroll down to ‘Current Users and Roles’ and click ‘Manage’ next to the user you want to edit, then click ‘Edit user’
- Select the type of role you’d like to give this user (Account viewer, Payment controller or Account leader). If you’d like to change an Account viewer’s role that is not linked to your organisation, follow the instructions on the screen.
- Confirm your selection by clicking ‘Save’ and then ‘Confirm’
- If you’ve assigned an Account leader or Payment controller role, you’ll need to approve the change with your smartcard and reader. To do this click 'Approve user now'. If it’s the Account viewer role, you won’t need to do this
- You'll now need a second Account leader to approve the change. They'll be able to approve this request in the Manage users page from the ‘Admin’ tab
If there’s a request pending approval on a user as you try to change their role, you won’t be able to edit them. You’ll need to scroll back up to the top of the page and either approve or clear any previous changes.